Food Improves Hair-Loss and Hair-Health
Wherever I go, people complain that they are loosing sleep over Hair- Loss. But being a Nutritionist how can I help them for Hair -Loss, and why they are asking a Nutritionist? Does diet has really anything to do with the health of your hair?
Let me tell you truth that vibrant hair depends on the quality of your daily diet . Even a slight modification made to what you eat have drastic impact on health of your hair. Before you start loosing sleep over Hair-Loss take a closer look what are you eating and by incorporating ingredients that aid health of your hair can really prevent your Hair-Loss.
Few food which can curb your receding Hairline –
Folic acid – Folic acid is essential for growth of your hair and cell- renewal . Lentils are full of folic acids . If you seriously want to curb your receding hair-line, lentils are something you should not skip.
Zinc- Zinc prevents premature ageing of your hair. Make sure you include at least one serving of food containing zinc in your daily-diet. sea fishes, oysters are good source of zinc. Though animal foods are rich in zinc than plant food but spinach, wheat germ, mushroom, nuts also have zinc .
Eggs & Dairy Products – Eggs are power house of vitamin and minerals. Milk and eggs are rich source of protein and responsible for the formations of hair follicles. Include at least three serving of milk in your daily diet.
Green Tea- Green tea stimulates hair growth and add sheen and bounce to hair. Recent research says anti-oxidants presents in green tea makes compound with DHT (hormone responsible for hair-fall) and reduces the risk of male baldness
Carrot- Rich in antioxidants and carotenoids. Beta-carotene acts as a precursors to vitamin -A
Oats, prunes, shrimp, brown-rice, walnuts can also helps to curb your receding hairline if you are including in your diet. Though incorporating ingredient that aid hair growth and health will have a drastic impact. While genes lifestyle will also have important role.
Some Common Mistakes or Hairy Mistakes severely damage hair —
- Fad diets – Diets that promises fast drastic weight loss should be avoided. You must be successful in loosing those extra killos but it adversely, effect the hair and skin.
- Hormonal imbalance, smoking and disturb sleep also affect hair health and there is no magic nutrient rich food which compensate this loss. In males DHT(hormone) is responsible for baldness.
- Excessive stress and some medications known to retard hair growth and promote hair loss
- Excessive exposure to sun, dirt, pollution, without proper protection and diet makes hair dry and brittle
- Last but not least cut down on the use of hair spray, hair gels, styling creams, perms, colors etc. they affect in long run health of your hair