Many people start the day with a breakfast cereal, but some brands are better than…
What’s More Healthy- Rice or Wheat
Most people start their day with rice flakes or wheat bread. Some brands claim to be nutritionally more enriched and better than the other. Learn how to choose the healthy wheat or atta brands.
Nutritionally wheat or rice both comes with certain quality, opting one and neglecting other is not a good choice .
Although all cereals are similar in structure but wheat contain a protein called gluten which gives toughness & rubberness . Gluten is a protein which becomes viscous when water is added to it. This property is not present in rice, bajra or jowar flour.
- Wheat flour has been associated with the symptoms of abdominal indigestion or Celiac disease in some subject due to presence of gluten
- The finding says its due to presence of antibodies present in wheat gluten causes allergic reaction , leads to stomach disorder.
- Research says ingestion of folic acid 5mg daily can be helpful in this allergy or sometimes even a cure
- Though permanent absence of gluten can prevent wheat allergy or gluten sensitive celiac disease.
- Even broad spectrum antibiotics are also effective during intestinal bacterial growth in wheat allergy
Moderate amount of oats or bajra can be included in this wheat allergy or mal-absorption syndrome
Wheat & Rice — energy value
Wheat flour provides 350kcal per 100 gm
Rice provides 350kcal per 100 gm